When you think of OptiFuse, you generally think about Automotive and Electronic fuses and circuit breakers. Today I thought I’d remind everyone that OptiFuse also manufacturers industrial midget fuses used in a variety of industrial and high power applications.
We currently product 5 of the most popular styles of midget fuses. As you can see from the descriptions below...these are NOT a typical electronic or automotive fuse but rather a high-performance industrial fuses:
- FPK - This is a fast-acting UL Class M fuse (supplemental protection). The rated voltage is 600VAC / 600VDC with a 100K amp interrupting rating. The current ratings range from 100mA to 50A (the 35A-50A fuses are rated as "special purpose" by UL and only have a 10K amp interrupting rating).
This fuse crosses to the Bussmann - KTK, Littelfuse - KLK, and Ferraz - ATM fuses.
- TPK - This is a time-delay UL Class M fuse (supplemental protection). The rated voltage for this fuse is 500VAC with a 10K amp interrupting rating. The current ratings range from 100mA to 30A. The time delay feature allows the TPK fuse to be used in motor and transformer applications.
This fuse crosses to the Bussmann - FNQ, Littelfuse - FLQ and Ferraz - ATQ fuses
- FPK-R - This fuse is also a fast-acting industrial fuse but it is a UL Class CC fuse making it suitable for "branch circuit protection". This fuse is a "rejection" type fuse (note the -R in the P/N - see photo above). It is rated at 600VAC / 600VDC with a 200K amp interrupting capacity. The current ratings range from 100mA to 30A. The fuse crosses to the Bussmann - KTK-R, Littelfuse KLK-R and Ferraz - ATMR
- TPK-R - This fuse is also a time-delay industrial fuse but it is a UL Class CC fuse making it suitable for "branch circuit protection". This fuse is a "rejection" type fuse. It is rated at 600VAC / 300VDC with a 200K amp AC interrupting capacity and 100K amp DC interrupting capacity. The current ratings range from 100mA to 30A. Due to the time-delay feature, this fuse is highly desirable for industrial motor and transformer protection.
The fuse crosses to the Bussmann - FNQ-R, Littelfuse - KLDR and Ferraz - ATQR
- TPCC-R - This fuse is the ultimate high-performance industrial fuse. It has the maximum time-delay available for any midget fuse. It is rated as a Class CC by UL. This fuse is a rejection type allowing it to be used as branch circuit. The voltage rating is 600VAC and 300VDC. The interrupting rating is 200K amps in AC applications and 100K amps in DC applications. The current ratings range from 250mA to 30A. This fuse is perfect for small motor and motor starter protection.
The fuse crosses to the Bussmann - LPCC, Littelfuse - CCMR, and Ferraz - ATDR
The OptiFuse industrial fuses are priced very aggressively against the competition (especially in the lower volume applications).
Visit the OptiFuse Website to learn more about all our fuses and fuseholders
Thank you so much for your continued support of OptiFuse as expand our horizons...